Saturday, January 26, 2013

DAY EIGHT JUICE FAST

Who'd a thunk it? EIGHT DAYS OF THE WEEK! We are cruising along, with one tiny glitch to report today...my back failed last night.

This has happened to me only once before. Around Christmas, 2000, I leaned over (slight incline) my son's high-chair to give him a banana. Suddenly, and without any warning whatever, I was fully incapacitated, my back in a staggering amount of pain. I had to crawl to my husband to get help. Embarrassingly, extended family was in the house that Christmas, and my 87-year-old, very fit and sprightly grandmother thought this was part of the holiday fun--to laugh at me!

A visit to the chiropractor fixed everything, but I still stumbled around hesitatingly for a few days.

Fast forward 12 years. Last night, for no good reason except dire necessity, I was putting in a load of whites, when again suddenly and again with no warning whatever (no preliminary twinges), boom, there it went. Not as bad this time. I was able to pour in the bleach and get myself to bed, where I collapsed in pain, slept for a solid nine hours and woke up not-quite incapacitated, but mooovvviiinnnggg slowly.

I'm guessing that this has nothing to do with the juice fast, but rather, is just one o' those things that happens every twelve years or so.

I decided to treat it--not with anti-inflammatories and pain reducers--by letting my body heal itself, thanks to whoever sent me Pleasure Trap, which came yesterday and which I have been, Providencially, reading just as this moment of need. Am drinking lots of water and resting.

In the Food World, I did manage to (painfully) haul myself upright to help Elder Daughter make some Rice Krispie Treats for a party. It all looked very yummy, but I could see past the pleasure potential to the concentrated animal product (real butter), the super concentrated sugar (marshmallows), and the fiber-removed crispy rice. No, I didn't taste it.

I did blend up a juice today instead of juicing it--to get the fiber I mentioned yesterday I was in needing. Sort of a chewy juice, and I wasn't a fan. I think I'll just let nature take its course.

Today's weight: 215.6, more than yesterday by a touch, but I'm not worrying. We already went through this angst a pound ago, so I'm past that.

Fascinatingly, Pleasure Trap talks about water-only fasting to HEAL DISEASES. So I don't feel bad at all that my body is not begging for lots of juice today--it's in full healing mode on my back and can't be bothered with lots of food.

Thanks for reading. Stay tuned.

Oh! Hubby had two juices again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment