Saturday, January 19, 2013

Day One Juice Fast


I told a few people I might be going to start a juice fast on January 22. I wanted to enjoy MLK/Inauguration Day. But then, I decided to start today--bought a juicer, because the last time I tried this (which lasted about 24 hours), I used my blender, so my "juice" was full of chunks of yucky raw kale, not a plan. Of course, I could have squeezed it out or sieved it better, but there you have it.

Today--right now (10 p.m., January 19), I'm having the feelings one would expect to have:

1. who do you think you are that you should try this extreme measure?
2. why do you think this will work when nothing else has?
3. don't you realize you are going to (a) fail and (b) be right where you have always been?
4. how accommodating do you really expect everyone around here to be?

I take the initiative to answer these questions:

1. I am me. I get to do whatever I want. I get to make choices I feel will bring long life and health to the body I have been given BY GOD. I get to take care of it in this extreme way--by feeding myself micronutrients, by avoiding all junk and faux-food, by "rebooting" (F, S, and ND terminology).

2. Damn you, I get TO TRY. If I am able to juice, juice, and nothing but the juice for enough days, OBV it will work--I will be healthier than I am now (10:02, 1/19/13). I WON'T weight 225, like I do right now. I will be better off. I GET TO REDEFINE MYSELF IF I WANT TO.

3. this is the hardest one. But TODAY is not yesterday and NOW is not then, and LILY is not my mother, and I today am not that abusive bound-to-fail hater of myself that I used to be. I see that I DESERVE THIS OPPORTUNITY to make myself better, to achieve something remarkable, to be more than I ever thought I could be--to look at my body and see hope, future, beauty, grace.

4. Everyone will be fine. They WANT me to succeed. Besides, it doesn't hurt them. The kitchen is open and full of amazing food of every healthful kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment