Friday, January 25, 2013

End of WEEK ONE


Just a few thoughts about this Amazing Week.

1. I was never hungry, except for the few moments today when I couldn't get to the kitchen. There was always plenty of food available for me.

2. I didn't drink as much produce as Joe Cross does in FSAND, not even close. But considering that he was over 300 pounds, this stands to reason. A 300-pound man needs a lot more food than I do just to stay awake.

3. I didn't notice until the third day that I hadn't had any salt for three days and, even better, hadn't noticed the loss. This is really quite extraordinary, because I am a SALT FIEND. I salt everything always and way too much at that. I didn't miss salt at all all week.

4. I do feel the need for--how to say this delicately--fiber. Unlike (apparently) most people, my intestines have not been working overtime. Rather, they have been doing almost nothing. So, I may chew on a few celery sticks tomorrow to see if we can get things moving. On the other hand, it's not like there would be a whole lot of bulk to move, if you know what I mean. Enough of that.

5. I feel fine. I've been super lazy and mostly just sat in my chair the whole week, hanging out with friends on Facebook, doing homework, cuddling sick sons, chit-chatting with people who come in the room.

6. Still no promises about anything past this juice I am drinking right now: it's a delicious concoction--let's go ahead and call it desert because of all the fruit--kale, cucumber, tomatoes, apple, and (delish) a whole grapefruit! Yummy in my tummy!

Thanks for staying with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment