Tuesday, January 22, 2013

DAY FOUR JUICE FAST

This morning, I was a little bit empty and shaky. Not hungry, but my hands felt "light-headed," if you know what I mean. I had my coffee, which I have decided not to stress about. I have also decided not to make any time-table for giving it up, because it is the warm happy start to my day.

This question keeps hammering at my juiced-up brain: "If all you're doing is drinking juice from raw veggies and fruits, why not just eat raw vegan food instead?"

Tentative answers to that question:

1. This is a special time of not eating to evaluate eating in general and think about my relationship to food. This is not a life-style: it is recess from food, a retreat.

2. If I start eating raw vegan, I will give in to the next thing, which is adding nuts or whatever, thereby piling on fat content. I am trying to lose weight--to get into the Ones--so I want to avoid fat. I am not throwing avos into my juicer, let alone cashews!

I continue to sit in my chair, advise young relatives about their love lives, do my homework, and have the family bear the burdens of the day--they are doing the housework. Really, I am on retreat in general (although I am available to read stories and explain math problems) and am indulging in that.

This morning's weight: 216.2, for a loss of 8.6 in three days, but only 1.2 since yesterday, which makes sense. We can therefore check off the first day and maybe the second as initial water.

I am feeling fine. I am not hungry, although I am thinking about food a little. I am old and wise enough to dismiss foolish food thoughts. I am not making plans for any future day to eat, nor am I making any future plans for the extension of the Juice Fast past today.

One day at a time, and we will see how it all goes, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment